Website design impacts businesses and users. Websites that are designed below par perform poorly in Google due to poor user experience. What does a web designer in Lowell consider when creating a great design?
This article discusses the points to consider to have a good web design and why the emphasis is given on making the website responsive.
Key Points to a Good Website Design
1. Know the Purpose of the Site
Typically websites are used for business purposes. However, some use it as a journal. Your website must have a clear purpose. If you are a writer, post your portfolio of articles.
2. Communicate Clearly
Make a readable and easy to digest content. With the short attention span, people have nowadays, it is better to have the sentences bulleted. Avoid long windy sentences.
3. Choose the Right Typography
Select fonts type and size which are readable online. Headlines and subheadlines must be big enough to read.
4. Choose a Well Thought Color Theme for Your Website
Having the right color coordination enhances user experience. Don’t make your website cluttered by using a lot of colors which don’t complement each other. Leaving a negative or white space gives an uncluttered look on your site.
5. Choose Attention-Grabbing Images
Pictures say a thousand words. If you don’t have high definition photos, you can use free stock photos available online. Videos and infographics are useful tools to communicate as well.
6. Ensure Easy Navigation on Your Site
People are getting impatient easily so see to it that your website visitors can easily move around your site and take action. Employ the three-click rule meaning users have to find the information they need within three clicks.
7. Consider Using Grid Based Layouts
Using grid based layouts allows a well-arranged content divided into sections and columns that give a balanced look.
8. Ensure Fast Loading Time
If your website has lots of images, see to it that the images are optimized meaning they must be sized and scaled. Ask your web designer to do some coding to make it load faster.
9. Ensure a Responsive and Mobile Friendly Website Design
The majority of online users are now using and buying products from their mobile devices. If your website is not responsive sure enough you’ll incur losses.
Why You Need a Responsive Website Design
- The majority of people who access the internet are mobile device users. Most American adults own smartphones. Buying with the use of mobile devices is steadily growing.
- People visit social media and share links from websites through their mobile devices only, boosting your site traffic.
- Responsive site increases your SEO rankings. According to Google responsive site performs well when searched.
- Responsive sites provide better user experience. They can search anything anywhere they are. All contents fit on a mobile screen; you don’t have zoom it out or in. Responsive sites increase conversion rates and reduce bouncing.
Give your users a memorable experience by making your website engaging and useful. Using the key points in creating an amazing website will benefit your business.